What’s Concealing and Camouflaging All About?
cam•ou•flage (kam-uh-flahzh) verb
Concealment by means of disguise designed to deceive or hide.
Foundation, concealer, neutralizer, corrector, camouflage makeup – what’s the difference?
- What are concealers actually for?
- When should I use one? What about those funny colored green, pink, and lilac makeup creams?
- How can I use concealer on under-eye circles without looking like a raccoon – or worse than when I started?
- Will concealer cover a scar or a skin condition?
Essentially, you need to know:
- Each kind of makeup including foundation, concealer, neutralizer/corrector, and camouflage has a distinct texture, covering ability and purpose.
- All of them conceal to a degree depending on what you want to hide or cover. Selecting the right concealer type and shade for your particular “challenge” and learning how to apply correctly really isn’t tricky once you know a little about each of them.