There are lots of healthy foods out there, but there are specific foods that are particularly good for your skin and body when it comes to looking and feeling younger.
- Barley. The antioxidants and nutrients in hulled barley can help stabilize blood-sugar levels and insulin. This helps your body retain collagen, which is essential in keeping your skin wrinkle-free!
- Fish. Fish that are packed with omega-3s include salmon, tuna, and trout. The essential fats in omega-3’s help keep skin soft and supple.
- Broccoli. With naturally-occurring quercetin, broccoli contains natural anti-inflammatory agents, which help slow down the aging process.
- Avocados. Load up on the guacamole: The oils in avocado help keep the skin hydrated, thus preventing early signs of wrinkles. (It makes a great natural facial mask, too.)
- Carrots and Tomatoes. Veggies like these are full of phytonutrients and antioxidants, both properties that help prevent the harmful effects of free radicals. The lycopene found in tomatoes especially, likewise helps reduce these effects.
- Spinach, kale and dark leafy greens. These veggies are packed with lutien, which helps boost your skin’s resilience.
- Rosemary. This tasty, aromatic herb increases levels of ceramide in the skin, helping retain its elasticity.
Post A Comment